How will the winning resources be selected?
Above all, the judges will be looking for original ideas and creativity in the uploaded resources. The resources should ‘speak’ to other children and young people on ideas for a better internet, and ways to work together to achieve this. Young people are encouraged to think outside the box and come up with innovative ideas and resources; that said, blue sky thinking is welcome.
Each entry will, however, be considered on its own merit and the judges’ decision will count for 50 per cent of the overall score alongside ratings made by visitors to the site.
Target group and age appropriateness
- Target group or age range is transparent and comprehensible.
- The content is easy to understand for the target group.
- Information for parents is provided, especially when the target group is young children.
- The visuals are of good quality, properly attributed and labelled.
- The language used is well written, without mistakes and suitable for the target group.
Creativity and innovation
- The content is presented in an attractive way through use of creative, interactive, entertaining and/or educational features.
- The content highlights fresh ideas and stimulates creativity and innovation.
- The navigation structure is user friendly and adapted to the target group.
- The design enables children to easily find their way through the site.